The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) serves as an agency to incorporate companies and register businesses.
Business registration procedures in Malaysia includes several steps: application of name search, submission of registration documents, payment of registration fees, issuing of certificate of registration.
The following documents shall be submitted to SSM for registration:
- A certified copy of the certificate of incorporation or registration of the foreign company.
- A certified copy of the foreign company’s charter, statute or Memorandum and Articles of Association or other instrument defining its constitution.
- Form 79 (Return by Foreign Company Giving Particulars of Directors and Changes of Particulars).
- A memorandum of appointment or power of attorney authorising the person (s) residing in Malaysia, to accept on behalf of the foreign company any notices required to be served on such foreign company.
- Form 80 (Statutory Declaration by Agent of Foreign Company).
- Additional documents consisting of:
The original copy of Form 13A and a copy of the letter from SSM approving the name of the foreign company.